Friday, July 30, 2010

[Transcript] Part 2 : Hyun Joong's Interview with DATV entitled 'Just the way you are'

Part 2 is here! You guys better thank lafone. I actually didn't expect this one tonight. Huge thanks again lafone.

If you failed to read Part 1, you may click HERE.

Btw, still can't upload vids due to copyright issue but thanks to pinkymomo. If you've been following the comments on my DATV posts you'll know why. ^^

***

[Transcript] Part 2 : Hyun Joong's Interview with DATV entitled 'Just the way you are'

Japanese to English translation by lafone / liezle.blogspot.com

MC: Senior Yoon JiHoo was so cool ! In acting as Yoon JiHoo, what did you think was the most difficult point for you?
HJ: The character, “Yoon JiHoo” was quite different from myself in reality. Therefore, in order to act as YoonJiHoo, a grandson of the former president, I corrected the way to use chopsticks. In a daily life, I stopped making fun, keeping a reticent attitude in this way. Though I was immature in acting at that time, thanks to Yoon JiHoo, I could make my first step as actor. I appreciate it.

The character, “ Yoon JiHoo” does not express his anger, contrary to Gu Jun Pyo. Even though he is upset, Yoon JiHoo kept his temper: further, even if he feels discomfort, he remains calm. However, he was not always poker face….. Therefore, it was quite hard for me how to express his feeling inside Yoon JiHoo.

I, Kim Hyun Joong, does not neglect making best efforts. I cannot be quiet. I am always doing something. I got scared even with one week leave. Therefore, I will make myself work. Contrary to Yoon JiHoo, I easily loose my temper; I say what I want to say. I quickly solve problems on the spot. I like connecting with people.

On holidays, I always play football. If I have time, I practice with dancers, thus doing a physical exercises. Even on a bed, I’m thinking of future plan; everything is connected with work. If I want to shape up my body, I play football as it works as an aerobic exercise as well. I think that my favorite is also a part of my work.

Sometimes , I take a long sleep if necessary, otherwise I only sleep four hours at most. I like getting things going based on the elaborated planning. I would like to do well both in music as well as drama. Twenty-four hours per day is not enough for me.

MC: As artist and actor, there will be some area you are particular about. Could you tell us to what kind of things you would like to stick to ?

HJ: Well, my experience in acting is only limited to “Boys over Flowers” . I recognized that there were too many things I lack as acor. I should say that I had gotten in acting. As singer, I would like aim the veteran’s level. However, as actor,
I am only a chick, which just came out of an eggshell. I would like to strive for to become an full-fledged actor as earliest as possible.

I always would like to do my best in all the dramas. I would like to be recognized as an actor who never neglects making efforts. I also hope that people would recognize me as one of the most talented singers.

Since I appeared in the drama “Boys over Flowers”, one year and a half have already passed. While exercising, the characters I would like to act come up to mind. For example, I think that I would like to act as car racer while driving. In this way, activities in a daily life leads me to acting. I tend to think that I would be able to adopt this part into acting, and so on. Since “Boys over Flowers”, I observe everything in TV, which, I should say, “people watching”. I watch the characteristic points of the charactors in dramas so that I can make use of them in my acting in future.

MC: Another question I would like to make is when you feel much happy during your busy life. What kind of action make you feel most happy ?

HJ: Since the debut, five years have passed. In these years, I experienced hardships and pleasure (satisfaction) in repeated times. Looking back the things which I thought painful or hard in the past, I feel now that I was happy to the contrary.

Therefore, I assume that there will be a repetition of stress and joy in future as well. I do not want to regret anything. Dramas and CD will remain forever, and that ‘s why I would like to work so that I regret nothing in the future.

MC: Japanese fans have been looking forward to seeing you. I understand that you will be coming over to Japan very soon, right?
HJ: I plan to visit twice or three times to Japan this year. If I have a good luck, I will be able to visit more. In the past years, I went to Japan five times per year. But this year, I could not make it so far. With a good piece of work , I would like to go and see Japanese fans who have been waiting for me.

Since the debut in drama, I have a character in mind which I would like to act. That is the one who express his anger when he is upset. As I already acted the character who controlled his temper, I prefer this time a ma who is rather gross and rough.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the hard work lafone. I'll be looking forward to the other parts.

Anonymous said...

Thanks to both lafone and liezle for the translation and posting of this interview.

What I get from reading this interview is that KHJ is a very humble and genuine person. He admits his flaws and strive to do better in the future. This is what I admire most about him.

Good luck in your new drama. We'll be watching you!!!

Anonymous said...

He wants to act as someone who expresses his anger when he is upset.. does that sounds like Baek Seung Jo? ^^
Seems like he really has grown a passion for acting since BOF and has studied more about acting..
It makes me more confident about Playful Kiss! I'm sure he will surprise ppl with his improvement.

lafone said...

Dear liezle,

Since the last night, I tried many times to leave a message, but
I only got an "error message"

I sent you the last part,3&4.

I am glad that you guys can enjoy reading inspite of my poor English.

Have a nice weekend

Lynne said...

Lafone,

Your English is good.
Thank you for translating as I know that it is very tedious and difficult to get the correct words.