Sunday, May 24, 2009

On Bae Yong Joon & Kim Jae Joong

I was actually debating whether to post this here or not since I'm still looking for the original source of this news. I checked all the Baesites where I could possibly read this news but to no avail. But since this was already posted on korean photos forum @ soompi and allkpop, I thought of doing a post to give my 2 cents.

This is the post that I saw on soompi. [click to enlarge]

According to the article, Yong Joon is said to have passed on the the award as the Best Face in Asia and South Korea wherein he's been the recipient for the past eight [8] years to Kim Jae Joong of TVXQ. In the article it was written that Yong Joon said the best face "should always look handsome whenever you look at them, always look cute, always look pretty, to be chic and always look good."

Like what I said on BYJ thread @ soompi, did we miss any news? I haven't seen any news regarding this unless it's new and no one has posted it yet. According to the source it's from kbs.co.kr. Do you think that korean baesisters have missed this news?

Anyway, I'm into K-pop as well and lately I've been reading many articles mentioning the name of Yong Joon related to k-pop idols. He's been likened to Kim Hyun Joong, who is said to be the Little Bae Yong Joon. Last week there was an article about TOP wherein he's being compared by his PD in his telemovie '19' as the new BYJ. According to the PD, TOP resembles BYJ during his debut. Furthermore, the PD said that he has a fighting spirit like BYJ, e.i., he will not stop until he is satisfied with his acting..sounds familiar. [the news is in my draft but haven't had the chance to post it]

He was mentioned in several articles of Chung Lim who was a BOF contract artist until he realizes his dream to be a singer. The other recent article is that of 2AM's Seolong who happens to appear in one of Yong Joon's earlier CF and according to him Yong Joon somehow had influenced him to become an entertainer. Also Yong Joon's name has been in the articles of actors Kim Bum and Lee Min Hoo saying that they're likely to be the next Bae Yong Joon.

Hee, I don't have anything against the article, in fact it's very humbling of Yong Joon to pass on the award to Kim Jae Joong who happens to be one of my favorites too. But there is about the article that's bothering me. The description of handsome somehow doesn't fit the kind of words that Yong Joon would say at all. It's so vague. I don't know...

No comments: