Tuesday, March 24, 2009

BoF : My Thoughts on Ep 22

I posted the following on KHJ thread. I would have posted this on BoF thread @ soompi but thought of just posting it on a safer zone. ^^ Things are kinda heated up there especially on the Ji Hoo screentime.

I've written many times that i've been a fan of HYD and I’m really surprised to see that the Korean version is giving too much emphasis on the character of KHJ as Ji Hoo [hee, i'm sounding like a broken record already]. I’m not complaining, in fact I’m happy about it since I’m a Rui/Lei/Ji Hoo fan. But by this, there have been countless discussions whether the Korean version is trying to end the drama differently.

Though like what I’ve said I’m a big fan of HYD, I just learned that the author, Kamio Yoko, originally intended to have her manga end with Makino and Rui together. But due to the clamor of Domyouji – Makino fans, she changed the ending [wrote this in my previous posts]. So as for the ending of BoF, I think we’re glued to it until the very end. Hee, who knows PD might have talked to the author about some possible ending. But since this is a Korean drama, there’s a possibility that this will be an open ending.

There are just so many wonderful Ji Hoo scenes in the last episodes of BoF and KHJ is really doing a wonderful job in portraying his character. Though some may think otherwise ^^ [hee, it always happens]. But then again just think, how could viewers sympathize with Ji Hoo if KHJ is not playing his role pretty well? Isn’t it that in a way they’re move by his acting? KHJ is new to acting and as BoF is his debut drama, his character as Ji Hoo, who couldn’t express himself, is quite a difficult role for a person we know who is the very opposite of his character. I bet that if KHJ plays the role of Jun Pyo, he’ll be able to play the role of a hot-headed leader of F4 well too. But the character of Ji Hoo I think is something that anyone cannot pull off well. Honestly, I think that if Ji Hoo’s character developed in the earlier episodes of BoF [before Baeksang], he could have also been nominated for Best New Actor for TV. ^^

I read that some viewers think that there are too much of a Ji Hoo – Jan Di scenes much to their disappointment. Some even think that they’re unnecessary. Hee, well I bet that for JoonDi shippers they’re unnecessary but for Ji Hoo – Jan Di shippers they’re priceless moments.

I’m certain everyone has seen the photos released yesterday. Has it ever occurred to you guys that Ji Hoo will only have few screentime? Well, for me I though of that and was even expecting it. But to my surprise, almost half of episode 22 was Ji Hoo Jan Di scenes to the chagrin of some JoonDi shippers. Again, with this, netizens are up debating as to why. And we all know that only the PD can give an answer to this. ^^

Anyway, just like what I’ve said earlier, there are just too many wonderful Ji Hoo scenes in this episode. Likewise, there are Jan Di scenes that would make you think what she really thought of Ji Hoo.

Here are some random scenes that I really really like.

- The arrival of Jan Di in Ji Hoo’s house. The awkwardness between Jan di and Ji Hoo.
- When Grandpa sits down with Ji Hoo to explain why he asked Jan Di to stay with them.

- When Ji Hoo received a message from the grounded Jun Pyo saying “I’m relieve that she’s staying at your house.” Then Ji Hoo said aloud “Jun Pyo, then why am I feeling so uneasy? I feel afraid.” Ahh, I feel for Ji Hoo.
- When Jan Di was reading a passage about a handkerchief to the comatose man she remembers Ji Hoo. The passage says “ The most beautiful encounters are like those with handkerchiefs. They wipe away your sweat when you are tired, and your tears when you are sad.” Sigh… this kind of scene would really make you think why can’t the ending be Ji Hoo and Jan Di. What does the PD trying to make out of this scene.
- Other may think that these scenes are not important but I really really like them. Again, you’ll notice that Ji Hoo was really trying to avoid Jan Di but having much difficulty.

o hair cutting [ji hoo can cut my hair anytime ^^ ]

Car washing [ji hoo can wash my car everyday]


- Then there’s the confession. Remember there’s a speculation that Ji Hoo will confess to Jan Di but she will reject? She didn’t reject [unless there’s another proposal] him because she was dozing off when Ji Hoo was reading a poem and read aloud “ I wanted to tell you…” Pauses… “…that I love you. I wanted to shout it aloud." Btw, anyone here thinks that the confession of Ji Hoo is more beautiful than that of Jun Pyo’s though she got to kiss Jan Di [but didn’t answer back]?

I'll include also some Jun Pyo and Jan Di scenes that i like.

- The star watching of Jun Pyo and Jan Di. I find this more romantic than the scene in Jeju which I feel kinda off after what happened in the wedding.
- The zoo scene wherein Jun Pyo is jealous of the kid that Jan Di brought on their date.

I can’t wait to see episode 23 later. Would there be more Ji Hoo scenes later? I’m hoping but not expecting. ^^


thanks to marvie_carl/khj thread @ soompi for the screencaps

2 comments:

gummysweets said...

I have just recently watched all the episodes..
i agree with your fav scenes. esp the confession.

But because i can read korean, do you know what the poem says. It keeps me wondering what is says.

gummysweets said...

sorry i meant I can't